Thursday, July 29, 2010

Woody Allen!



So when I took my first film history class in college one of the very first directors I learned about was Woody Allen, and since that day I've been in love with his work. I have always felt that his work is simple, and always keeps us entertained with its awesomeness and the twist that he's able to put in them. Despite that most of his movies follow the same format the small twist and character development is what keeps us watching them. I don't care what people have to say about Woody Allen, I love his work and I think it's horrible how people judge him based on his personal life and not on his work. I mean who gives a shit if he married his step daughter.. all that should matter to me at least is his work. Here are three movies that he made that I recommend checking out.


1. Anne Hall
Anne Hall is basically a movie that shows the relationship between two people and why the relationship would have never worked out between the two. This movie received four academy awards including, best picture, best director, and best screenplay. This is basically considered by many to be Woody Allen's greatest master piece and broke many of the standard romantic comedy rules.

2. Manhattan
Manhattan is a movie that basically follows a divorced man as he begins a relationship with a 17 year old girl and later falls in love with his best friends mistress. When I talk about loving how a movie can have so many twist and turns and it interwines together this is what I think of. I love this movie greatly and I love the fact that it was shot in black and white as well. Plus the movie captures the essence of Manhattan and helps tell the story as well.

3. Vicky Cristina Barcelona
This movie focuses on two American tourist as they arrive in Barcelona and how they both start an emotional and physical affair with a man that captures there hearts. Basically I love this movie because of the way that its so different then all the other movies. Basically how the movie starts out and ends the same way and the characters end up in the same place despite the fact that they learned so much. Basically I love the lesson this movie teaches us.



This is basically a movie poster for the new Woody Allen movie coming out this September called "You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger." I recommend checking it out because from what I can tell its going to be a great movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment